Spring Clearing by Adding Colour
While doing this in an external and material manner, we can also clear space within our body’s by flowing with the spring season. Buds start sprouting, flowers blossom, and grass gets greener; colour is popping up everywhere. This should also be happening with your food. Let’s start clearing up the beige diet of winter and add a sparkle of colour with the fruits and vegetables spring offers. This is our chance to add more fresh vibrant colours to our meals. Start by making your meals a little lighter, less dense, and cooler. How can we add colour to our diet? Here is list of colours and foods you can start to slowly incorporate into your meals as the weather warms:
- Red – Tomatoes – Add to salads for their lycopene content (beneficial for cardiovascular health and the immune system)
- Orange – Peppers – Provides an abundant supply of vitamin-C (antioxidant)
- Yellow – Lemon - Added to warm water for stimulating digestion and adding a gentle detox
- Green – Parsley or Cilantro– Great addition to salads or infused waters (good for cleansing the blood)
- Blue – Blueberries – Can be added to smoothies or salads for added antioxidants and boosting the immune system
- Purple – grapes – Fantastic source of flavonoids (antioxidants)
In Spring, we start seeing people out of their winter shells and emerge from their homes. Sometimes, you see people you’ve never even seen before! However, it can be daunting if we are still carrying some of that extra ‘winter weight.’ And, I do mean this figuratively. Think of the things you can let go of from the past couple months, years, etc.. in order to create a clear fresh environment mind, body and spirit. It’s time to let the sun nourish from the outside in. But, what if we’re still feeling sluggish, bogged down, or blocked? What if we still have that lingering ‘to-do’ list? Here are a couple of things you can do to help you step outside of our winter comfort zones:
- Little bursts of energy – Take a short, but fast paced walk around the block to get your motivation flowing. It’s amazing how much a 5-10 minute walk can do.
- Infused waters throughout the day – This adds extra vitamins, minerals and gently cleanses the body to rid itself of toxins. Try berries, mint and lemon.
- Make the meals lighter and cooler, start incorporating more fresh foods (salads), and less root vegetables and heavy meals.
- Take one thing at a time – Don’t tackle huge projects that you don’t have time for; you won’t feel accomplished. Use the time you have to accomplish small tasks one day at a time.
- Let go– Think of one thing you can let go of and see how you feel by the end of the week. Journaling can help you figure out what the element is.
- Cleanse – Whatever that means to you. If you are looking to cleanse space, the mind, or the body, talk to someone who can help you out.
- If you’re looking for a full cleanse protocol, please be safe and contact a professional. Contact me for a cleanse protocol.
Lastly, Spring is about fresh new beginnings, planting seeds and setting intentions that take us through the remainder of the year. Explore which intentions you want to set for this year and why. You can practice intention setting while breathing, meditating, or even gardening as you plant your seeds to grow. But first, let’s clear space, add some colour then find some balance.
Now go and enjoy!